Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Fingers crossed

Right now I don't have balcony let alone garden. I don't think I'll have a garden in the next decade but by next summer I might have a balcony again. Spring should officially start tomorrow so it's high time to start planning these things. Of course it has been snowing here for almost a week now but that's not going to stop me.

These pictures from Domino are so adorable. I would love to be able to invite people over and serve dinner on the balcony. I quess coffee for two is more realistic in the near future... But that's lovely as well. The second picture reminds me of my family's summer cottage. It's such a shame that I don't have a good picture from there right now.


One of the most important things about a balcony is of course the view. This is the view from the balcony of our last apartment in Finland. The picture was taken on the last day before we moved to Sweden. The water in it is the Baltic Sea. A litle gloomy but at the same time so wonderful.


I love these cute floverpots by Tina Hellman from Sturehofs Krukmakeri. They would look perfect in my future balcony. I'm going to be in so much trouble when I have to move my stuff back to Finland but I might buy one or two of these anyway. As souvenirs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hoppas att du får din balkong, det går inte att beskriva vad den tillför en lägenhet. Även om man inte har blommor på den så är det så skönt att kunna ha balkongdörren på vid gavel hela sommaren. Lägenheten känns plötsligt väldigt mycket större!

Laura said...

Du har rätt. Mitt problem är att jag är livrädd för spindlar och andra kräk som kryper in genom den öppna dörr... Men jag har kampvilja :)