Saturday, February 10, 2007

Start Up

I'm currently living in Stockholm, Sweden in a 23 m2 studio that I'm sharing with my boyfriend. The student accomodation office has kindly furnished the room with some of the cheapest furniture Ikea has to offer but there are also many things that I love about living in Stockholm. Still I can't wait to move back to Helsinki, Finland in the summer.

Our last apartment was the first that we shared and it was exactly what you get when you just throw all the posessions of two people together. It was too cramped and cluttered and since we knew we were going to live in it only about 10 months we didn't really put that much thought into it. My hope is that we will find a slightly bigger apartment and I allready have a million ideas for decorating it. So to spare my boyfriend from my constant babbling on the subject I'm going to be recording my thought's in here instead. At least some part of them.

And propably there will be talk about studies, travelling, living in the Scandinavia and a few other subjects as well.

3 comments:

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Congratulations on your brand new blog! I love your blog background, by the way. I am finding so many amazing Swedish blogs - it seems like a design mecca. Looking forward to following your journey and seeing your place unfold. Hope you find the perfect appartment.

Many greetings from Marrakech:-)

Laura said...

Thanks! The backround is actually the pattern from Marimekko's fabric Ananas (or Pineapple). I spent a long time photoshopping it though...

Swedes do have a lot of great design. So do us Finns I think, but Swedes are undoubtedly better at the marketing.

And I'm also enjoying your blog very much!

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

I love Finland by the way, too. I bought a lot of amazing glass while I was there and the architecture is just amazing.:-)