Saturday, March 31, 2007

Time flies

I really don't know what happened to this whole week. All I know is that Easter holiday started today and in ten hours I should already be sitting on a plane headed to Istanbul. Perhaps it was the sunny and warm weather that hit Stockholm this week that has made it impossible to be stressed out about anything. (Usually I stress extensively about packing.) I've been sitting outside "studying" and enjoyed running in the evenings that are getting lighter and lighter.

At this point I'm almost done with packing. The last thing on my to do list is the dishes, and sleeping of course...

But before I go I would like to show you this picture of the Swedish påskris, or virpomavitsa as we call them in Finland. Tomorrow is the Palm Sunday and kids will go from door to door dressed up as little witches, handing out these decorated birch twigs and asking for sweets in return. Kind of like Halloween in US I guess.



I got these about a week ago when a girl in my Swedish class made a presentation about Swedish Easter traditions. She had brought them with her but since she already had some at home she gave them to me afterwards. They have grown tiny leafs which in Finnish are called "mouse's ears". It's so nice to have a little bit of spring inside.

Happy holidays to all who celebrate Easter! See you in ten days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nej, men det är väl inte påsk förräns nästa vecka va? Nu blir jag rädd, jag har inte ens börjat tänka på påsken, och ingen almanacka har jag hemma...