Friday, April 13, 2007

Secto Design

Birch is such a common material in finnish design furniture (for example by Alvar Aalto) but not at all that usual in lighting. I find these lamps by Seppo Koho really beautiful. Secto Design manufactures also floor, table and wall lighting but the ones I like best are these pendant lights.


Secto 4200 (left) and Octo 4240 (right)


Victo 4250

Such a big part of the magic of these lamps is the way they look when lit and the kind of shadows that they throw.

In my opinion even this picture doesn't really do them justice but I hope you can kind of see what I mean. It's from Restaurant Kastanj in Oslo.

All pictures from Secto Design.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dom har jag aldrig sett förut, skitläckra!

petetow said...

They look superb we tend to have more pine and teak in our pieces, I bought a new homebase garden furniture set and was hoping for maybe oak or some other solid wood but it is not that easy to find.