Saturday, April 14, 2007

More from Istanbul...

On my trip to Istanbul I read in some magazine about a Turkish photographer Levent Özcelik and his new book "On a Winter Day, (If) I... - A Day in Istanbul". It has beautiful pictures and texts on Istanbul in wintertime.

I didn't have time to look for it in bookstores and the only net shops I can find it in are in Turkish. But I found the pictures and texts at artist's web page in the "projects" part. Here are some...

"I can't exactly remember which day's tomorrow or which evening's preparation it was. What's the matter anyway? It was a winter day and I was in a mood like saying '(if) I were really me, I would just leave home and wander around the city'."

Pictures and quote by Levent Özcelik


I'm definitely going to try and get my hands on that book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Har inte tidigare sett något av honom, tack för tipset, bilderna var verkligen fina, ska kolla efter fler bilder av honom!