Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Saturday Fleamarket

Last saturday I wisited the Hietalahti fleamarket in Helsinki. It is propably the most traditionaland famous fleamarket in Finland and is located by the Hietalahti market hall.



In the hall there are several antique and second hand shops and I actually would have liked to look at some furniture. But, like almost everything in Finland at this time of year, the shops were closed. From the fleamarket I still found these plates. They are a nice addition to my collection of mismatched blue and white china. There are two of each, since I try to buy most of my china in pairs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jag gillar verkligen fatet till höger. Min mormor hade det mönstret som dessertskålar, vilket jag varit på jakt efter, men ännu inte hittat. Men jag ger mig inte...

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

I can imagine how wonderful a table of yours would be set with all mismatched blue and white dishes. Love the idea:-)

Pigtown*Design said...

I love going to flea markets when I am travelling! There's so much interesting stuff to see (and buy)!