Thursday, March 15, 2007

Inspiration

Lately many bloggers have been writing about the things that inspire them and about the pieces of memorabilia they like to display in their homes. Sadly, I have left most of my collections in Finland where they are now neatly packed and waiting for me at our summer cottage.

Out of the few things I brought these are perhaps most dear to me. There is a seashell my brother brought for me from his holiday in Portugal and the first ever birthday card I got from my boyfriend, which I have framed.



I have been swimming and diving my whole life, it is just the most natural thing for me. I also love being by the sea. That is probably one reason why I find these things so special. In addition to the fact that they remind me of two people that are very dear to me.

Here you can have a better look at the birthday card. It is a picture called "Das Bootshaus" by Quint Buchholz from a book called "Am Wasser". If you look carefully you will see that the orb in the sky is actually the Earth, which makes you wonder where exactly is this boathouse located. It is like something out of a dream. It inspires me to look at things from a different angle and to use my imagination.

If you would like to share with me the things that inspire you, I would be happy to hear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find that card very inspirational. The thought of looking down at the earth from such an "earth like" landscape. What I REALLY find inpsirational is how you took this little sweet card and put it in a lovely frame next to a seashell. Simple but perfect.

Laura said...

Thanks so much! I'm glad that you like it. Those things really make me happy every day.